Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Updates & Changes


I will be working on my slide show this week from my weekend in San Fran & at the Lagunitas Beer Circus. I can't begin to tell you how unfair it would be to you, my readers, to try to explain some of these things in words. Let's just say that the Bay Area did not fail to disappoint in its weirdness. You have got to hand it to Californians when it comes to letting it all hang out. And I mean all of it.
Anyway, here is a quick update on Atlanta beer Week:
  1. I had my days switched around regarding the Widmer Prickly Pear Braggot at Prado. That is tomorrow (Wednesday), not today!
  2. The Newcastle Summer release is also tomorrow at The Fred. As promised, there is a picture of the glassware. Told you it was cool. Come in and get one if you buy a pint, but hurry. There are less than 100 of these to give away. Lots of beer people will be on hand too. Should be fun.
  3. Wednesday also has Perimeter pouring '08 Sierra Bigfoot, '09 Weyerbacher Old Heathen, Smuttynose Imperial Stout, Smuttynose Farmhouse Ale and the rare sour beer, Smuttynose Rouge d'Shire. Scratch the previously mentioned '08 Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster. We already drank that keg. Woops.
  4. Thursday is the meet & greet with Left Hand owner Eric Wallace. Drink a cask-conditioned firkin of Sawtooth or try the new Nitro-Sawtooth. There will also be some '06 & '08 Chainsaw, plus some '08 Smoke Jumper Porter available in bottles. This is at The Fred as well.
  5. Friday we have some hard to find beers at Lindbergh. Nogne-O Imperial Stout and Porter from Norway, Ridgeway IPA from England and the new Ctrl-Alt-Del from Ft. Collins Brewing Co. will all be available on draft.
So even if every week is Atlanta Beer Week for you, these are still some tasty reasons to get out and get your drink on this week. Maybe I will see you around. I will be in touch soon with those photos. My flight did not get in until late last night, so give me a few days to get caught up. Thanks for reading.