Here are some important beer updates:
- Tomorrow Duluth is tapping a small keg of Allagash Interlude. This beer gives me a reason to live. Enough said. They also have Great Divide Espresso Yeti, if any is left after this weekend. Johns Creek, Peachtree City and Metropolis will be pouring Stone Cali-Belgique starting tomorrow. No other stores will be receiving these kegs, unless another shipment comes in, which I highly doubt will happen any time soon.
- Cask of Highland St. Terese Pale Ale dry-hopped with Cascade hops is the order of the day Wednesday at Metropolis. Come and drink a hand-drawn, cask-conditioned, dry-hopped version of a beer that is not even available on draft in Atlanta is its normal incarnation. Sandi from the brewery will be there, along with yours truly, for those of you that are not sick of me yet. No April's Fools jokes here. This beer is for real.
- Monday-Wednesday of next week will see the preview of RJ Rockers' new Son Of A Peach wheat beer. You can be the first to try this beer (actual release is in a month or so) at Canton, Woodstock or Newnan on the 6th, or Lindbergh, Metropolis or East-West on the 7th, or Johns Creek or Duluth on Wednesday the 8th. You folks do a great job supporting local breweries (see below), and these guys are just up 85 in Spartanburg, SC. Show 'em some love.
- Ellard, Duluth, Old Milton, Perimeter, G Mall, Decatur and Suwanee are about to start serving Dominion Millennium Ale. It is a once-a-year barley wine in the English style. That means that it is not so potently bitter as American ones. At 10% ABV, it is very deceptive and drinkable. Those are the only stores serviced by the only distributor to have these kegs. Ask your stores' managers about when exactly they will be pouring it.
- Out: Suwanee, Philips Arena, Metropolis, Kennesaw, V-High, Duluth and G Mall.
- Last One: Dallas Hwy. (hurry!), Johns Creek (hurry!), Woodstock, Windward, Lindbergh, East-West, OMP, Ellard, and Perimeter and Peachtree City.
- Still one back-up: Decatur, Canton, Crabby, Newnan and Cumming.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to have a nice turnout for these upcoming events. The better we show up, the more offers I will keep getting to do things like this in the future. I need you to keep up the good work out there folks. You set the bar pretty high in February/March.