Friday, May 11, 2012

"San Diego Is Spanish For...."

Patio drinking at the Craft Brewer's Conference did not suck.
OK, you guys may not believe this, but I do not have any beer events to tell you about right now. No, I'm not kidding. Doesn't mean that some stuff won't pop up in a hurry. In fact, you can pretty much count on that happening. But after being gone at that brewer's conference in San Diego most of last week, I walked right back into three beer events in three days Monday through Wednesday. So if you missed them, sorry. I warned you that I might be out of communication for a while. It's been a hectic week. 

But right now I have a firkin on the way from Jail House that will go to Peachtree City at a date TBD. It is called Cell Mate, and it is blend of their Mug Shot IPA and Breakout Stout. Sounds delicious. There is also a cask of Heavy Seas Plank Two out there somewhere, so stay tuned for that. En route from the brewery is a cask of He'Brew Hop Manna that should be here in a few days. It is bound for our Canton store.

I don't have much time for special events though, because I go back out of town in the middle of June. I have to go to Kentucky to pick out a barrel of Woodford Reserve bourbon. It is going to get bottled and labeled just for Taco Mac. Basically, in case you don't know, bourbon ages differently in each barrel depending on where it sits in the barrel room, based mostly on temperature fluctuations and other atmospheric influences. When it is time to bottle, the distillers taste barrels and blend them together to get the flavor of the finished product they are looking for. We, on the other hand, are going to get to taste a bunch of them and decide which flavor profile we like the best. Once the stuff is all bottled and labeled, it will get shipped here to be sold at our locations. Pretty awesome if you are a bourbon drinker. If you aren't one yet, this might be a good time to figure out what you've been missing. We will definitely be doing some educational events around this stuff when it arrives. September is Bourbon Heritage Month (as decreed by Congress--pretty cool!), so I am betting it will be around then. 

That is all for now folks. I hope you have a great weekend, and I will be back in touch when I have more details, maybe a funny story, the usual stuff. Until then, take care.