Monday, May 11, 2009

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's Off To Work We Go!


Don't forget about the casks of Terrapin 30 Strong at V-High tonight! The beer was great when I had 3 20 oz. mugs of it Friday. Watch out with this beer! Let's just say I was prepared to not be driving home before I got into a half-gallon of the stuff. I got a really sound sleep that night.
Also, Spike and the gang will be there to contribute to the revelry. As any reader here will tell you, I spend a little time with the Terrapin guys from time to time. Never a dull moment.
On Tuesday the 19th we are doing a release of some Bell's beers. For those of you who don't know, I worked at this brewery in Michigan for 7 years before coming to work for Taco Mac in 2000. Naturally, I have a deep seated fondness for what they produce there. We will be pouring their Amber Ale, Porter, Pale Ale and Oberon on draft, along with the rare specialties Expedition Stout and HopSlam. The Kalamazoo Stout will be available as well, but only in bottles. Come taste what caused me to stay in this business for life.
Don't forget about the 2 Stone drafts at Duluth on Wednesday. You will not see Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale or a cask of Chipotle Smoked Porter for a long time to come. Be there after 7:30-8:00 pm for these gems.
The Sweetwater Big Medlin DIPA is all over the place. Recently sighted at Kennesaw, PTC, Duluth, Lindbergh, Crabby, Newnan and Suwanee.
The Magic Hat Lucky Kat IPA is turning up at Lindbergh, Dallas Hwy and Crabby as well.
Those are some tidbits to get you started this week. It is going to be a busy one for me, so you may not hear from me for a few days. Well, I gotta start drinking now. Work, work, work.