Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reminding You About The Reminder

Just in case you missed it, I tried to let you all know last week that there has been a change of plans regarding the super-wacky insanely rare Duck Rabbit cask! It is not getting delivered until tomorrow and will not be ready to serve tomorrow evening. If you don't know why cask beer is not ready to serve the day it is delivered, please ask me later. I explained it to you in the last post. I can't help it if you don't pay attention. But the RESCHEDULED DATE to tap a firkin of Duck Rabbit The End Of Reason is now Thursday, June 9th. I suggest that you find your way to The Fred that evening. We will tap it at 6:00 pm.


Here are some more events for you:

  1. There is a cask of Southern Tier 2XIPA getting tapped this Friday night at Woodstock, 6:00 pm. Not next week. June 3rd. June is already here. I know, it's crazy. 
  2. Next Wednesday we have those 3 new Lazy Magnolia beers at the Cumming store. They are: Jefferson Stout, Reb Ale (an American Pale Ale) and Indian Summer. 
  3. I just posted the Southern Tier beer dinner menu on the Taco Mac web site. Their head brewer will be in town for this event. If you would like to meet him, or tell him that you want to have his baby, then you will want to sign up for this dinner. By "have his baby" I mean "tell him how awesome his beers are". By "sign up" I mean pay. This event will sell out. When the actual people who make beer for a living come out for an event, it pretty much guarantees a big demand. Go figure.
  4. Speaking of beer making people, don't forget about the meet and greet with the brewer from Stone. On June 24th you can meet Jeremy Moynier and help us drink a cask of Stone IPA dry-hopped with Amarillo. He will be at our South Park (Charlotte, NC) store that (Friday) evening from 8-10 pm. If Charlotte is too far for you, then we will have a cask of IPA dry-hopped with Simcoe (3 beer geeks just fainted) in Atlanta at a date TBD. I can't put a date down until we have the beer, so please keep your pants on and stay tuned for more development. PS--The brewer from Stone will not be in Atlanta.
That is all I have for you today. I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend. See you around.