Wednesday, February 6, 2013

That's "Mr. Beer Drinker" From Now On....

We are going to Theakston's!
Hey folks. I hate to sound like a broken record (for those younger readers who do not understand what that means...oh hell, just go ask your dad), but sorry I have been away for a little while. Again. The main reason for all of these extended absences is that I have been trying to get prepared to go out of the country for ten days. Well, whether I am prepared for it or not, I am going to England tomorrow. For the next ten days I will be riding around in a chartered bus visiting breweries, distilleries, and a ton of tweedy little pubs with a great selection of cask-conditioned ales. No. You are right. That is not going to suck at all. So if you want to keep up with what I am doing, I have signed up for Twitter. I am going to try this thing out and see how you all like it. Here are the pertinent details:

  1. Follow me using this handle: @beerfredtmac. I signed up for Twitter once already using "@fredthe beerguy", and that got hacked before I ever used it. Awesome. This one has a more tricky password, so it should be fine. But if I start tweeting about how much money I made selling products from home, you'll know what happened. For the record, I do not have any side businesses. I do not refinance mortgages. I do not offer ways to shed 60 pounds in a week with just minutes of exercise a day. Think of all the stupid bullshit that you are constantly being barraged with advertisements for, and know for certain that I am not involved in any of them. 
  2. I told you recently that I was sharing pictures on Instagram. I still am, but I changed that handle to beer_fred_tmac in order to keep everything consistent. No more, "Fred The Beer Guy". Time for a more refined image. Step up my game. Act my age, not my age divided by two. For starters, I think will begin making most of my appearances in a tuxedo. Perhaps a monocle and ascot. A cane maybe. We'll see where it goes from there. 
That's all I have for you. I need to get packed, hydrated, charge up the camera, pick a book to read on the plane and get ready for a trans-Atlantic beer extravaganza. Bye for now.