Thursday, January 27, 2011

They Do Serve Beer In Hell. This One.

In case you have not read the book (or worse yet, seen the movie), I They Serve Beer In Hell, save your money and energy. I found the answer: Colt 45 Blast. A blueberry and pomegranate flavored, 12% alcohol malt liquor. That, friends, is what you have to drink in hell. So if you happen to find yourself in some type of crack-infested ghetto in the next month or so, please stop and grab me a 40 of this exquisite beverage. I have to try it just to say that I did. Not to mention, the label seems to imply that you'll have intense psychedelic hallucinations when you drink it, so I am looking forward to that.

For the record, I was loaned that book a few years ago, and it was pretty funny. If you can get past the desire to punch the writer for being such a selfish a-hole who is infinitely impressed with himself for being such a selfish a-hole, it's a good read. I did not see the movie, and from what I have heard, no one else did either. The only thing worse than reading about someone like that guy is watching someone like that guy. If I want to do that, I could just go to a club in Buckhead on the weekend. No thanks.

Here come some events....woo-hoo! Write these down:

  • Tonight there is a small firkin (called a "pin") of Left Hand Fade To Black Smoked Baltic Porter at Windward Pkwy. We will only get about 50 pints out of this thing, so you better get there early.
  • Speaking of Left Hand, on Wednesday, February 2nd we will have the Left Hand High-Gravity Bonanza at the Mall of Georgia store. On tap will be this year's Fade To Black, plus a cellared keg of last year's FTB Foreign Export Stout. You mean the one that took home a gold medal from the GABF but has not been brewed again or seen since? Yeah, that one. We have been sitting on it since last winter. There will also be kegs of 2009 Left Hand Imperial Stout and 2009 Widdershins Barley Wine. In the words of Glen Quagmire, and I quote: "Giggity".
  • On Thursday, February 10th there is a crazy Bell's event at The Fred. There will be some beers there that you really, really want. Trust me on this one. That is all I am saying at this point.
PS: Due to the Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting event at The Prado this weekend, The Fred bar will be closed for a VIP party until 9:00 pm. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please mark that on your calendars.

See you around.