|Ground Zero for rauchbier deliciousness.|
- May 8th is a Tuesday.
- Location is The Fred Bar.
- Reception starts at 6:30 pm. Dinner is sat at 7:00 pm.
- Featured beers are...wait for it...wait for it...German beers! That's right, all from different breweries, all of which I have visited.
- There will be a slide show running all night on the TV's of my two trips to Germany. So you can see the breweries and surrounding areas of the beers you are drinking. It will be really cool. I took a lot of pictures, and some of them are even good.
- The menu is German-themed, and it looks like Christian did a great job with this one as usual.
Another thing I am hoping to accomplish at this dinner is to help some of you overcome a phobia. Smoked beer. I love it. Before I had it the right way, I was afraid of it too. But after a day in Bamberg, where smoked beer is king, I was forever hooked. I have a hunch that there are a few more folks out there ready to be converted. And in case you are skeptical, I was with a group of 28 people in Bamberg, and EVERYONE fell in love with smoked beer on that trip. Trust me on this one. Just open your mind, dig into some spaetzel goulash, and gulp down the rauchbier. You can thank me later.
The only other thing I have for you this week is the Terrapin Phlux Capacitor cask at Mall of Georgia on Friday night. This beer was great last week, and I bet it is just as good if not better now. Enjoy.
PS-- Huntsville, AL has a pretty cool little beer scene going on up there. I really had a nice trip up there on Saturday. And if you go the back way, it is a really nice drive. I recommend that you check it out some day. Make sure to stop by one of the Mellow Mushrooms and say hi to my friends who manage them.
PPS-- If you don't get the reference in the title, then it is time to reacquaint yourself with the brilliant mind of Mel Brooks.