|SweetWater, on cask making day.|
(that is 40% for those of you keeping score at home) of the brown ale with cardamom, oranges and cocoa, and they were seriously outstanding. But we are just getting started...
- Tonight at 6:00 pm in Decatur we tap one of the porter casks with chicory, vanilla & cocoa. I will be there, and I am anxious to see if this flavor is as good as that brown ale was on Wednesday.
- Next up is the In-town Cask Crawl on Saturday. It starts at Virginia-Highland at 4:00 pm on Saturday. We make the next stop at Metropolis at 4:30 pm, then Lindbergh at 6:00 pm. They are, in order of first to last stops: IPA w/ grapefruit, apricots, orange & rosemary; IPA with orange, grains of paradise, Cascade, Chinook, Summit & Citra; imperial stout with mint, lactose & cocoa.
- Heading into next week, we have Perimeter Taco Mac scheduled for Tuesday the 11th with their cask of IPA w/ orange, grains of paradise, Cascade, Chinook, Summit & Citra. We will get into it at 6:00 pm.
- Kennesaw is the next stop on Wednesday the 12th, and they have a cask of IPA with grapefruit, apricots, orange & rosemary. Tap time is 6:00 pm.
- Fans of The Fred Bar will be excited to see one of these casks show up there on Thursday the 13th, and it is one of the IPAs with grapefruit, apricots, orange & rosemary. Same time, different channel. (Translation: 6:00 pm tap time.)
- Friday the 14th we roll into Newnan, and their cask of porter with chicory, vanilla & cocoa gets tapped at...you guessed it, 6:00 pm. Can't get anything past you. Crafty devil.
- On Saturday the 15th we tap a cask of imperial stout w/ mint, lactose & cocoa in Canton at...curve ball!... 4:00 pm. This one will be poured through their beer engine, so it will be a little bit different of an experience.